CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gift from space


The night before last I was driving to Kylenes house and guess what I saw? a meteor entering the earth's atmosphere! Most meteors are tiny specks of dust and rapidly burn up in the atmosphere. Some are larger and produce spectacular fireballs that are very bright, and may explode (in some cases with sound heard on the ground). Meteors are common; you can usually observe a few per hour on any clear night, but fireballs are rare. And would you believe it, I actually saw a fireball. The explosion noise really startled me. lol. And I'm not gonna lie I almost ran into a parked car, but it was really neat to see. It was just happenstance that I got to see it, because the storm had recessed over a small portion of the sky and that just happened to be where it entered the atmosphere. cool huh?

0 comments: