CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Russias hero!

Hey Everyone! This is Brandons brother Josh. He's serving and LDS mission in Moscow Russia. I thought all of you would like to know what hes up to. Here is his latest and greatest email.

Everyone I just wanted to tell you how happy I am. Life is falling apart all around me and I have never felt the love of my Savior more in my life. I am in my new area, living in a house that also counts as our branch building, and my branch is incredible. It reminds me a lot of the branch that I had in Mytischi. They had me stand in front of everyone and tell who I was, where I was from, and bear my testimony. It was a great experience and I love being able to use the 11 children in my family to make others smile. As a gift, 3 of the women from my old branch came to visit my new branch. They are the Relief Society Presidency and just happened to come right when I moved. It was great to see familiar faces of people that I love mixed in with those who I will come to love very soon. I have learned that I am the only missionary in our mission that does not even have a member in his area. We only have 2 families in our area, but they are in a city that I am not allowed to go to, so... I don't even get members. I have heard lots of people complain that the members in their areas don't help the missionaries. No more complaining for you, I don't even have them :) It is a great experience though and yes, I am being honest.The Moscow Choir was cut down to having only 4 missionaries in it and I got to stay for some reason. We had a rehearsal last night and have 2 performances this week. I have seen peoples lives touched by the music that we help to bring to them and I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father loves music. The Spirit attends us and it is incredible to watch the Spirit touch the lives of those who listen.Life is great, Christmas is coming, and there is still no snow (that's kind of sad). I love you all, have a great week. Elder Lemon

0 comments: